Working with kids

It is very important to ensure the specific NSW legislation relating to the employment of children is followed when booking child talent for any ‘Entertainment and Exhibition’ work. An Employer’s Authority must be obtained from the Office of the Children’s Guardian, when working with Children. Some exemptions exist such as if the child is over 10 years old, and the employment is outside of school hours and is for no more than 10 hours per week. However notice of the intention to employ a child must still be provided to the Office of Children’s Guardian to ensure compliance.

If an ‘Employer’s Authority’ is required, it is the responsibility of the employer to obtain one, this can be done by contacting the Office of the Children’s Guardian. Follow the link to the Office of the website for more information and to obtain an ‘Employer’s Authority’: